Community Health Worker Online Training
What is the benefit of online learning?
- Flexible schedule. Learn at your own pace and complete courses on your own time.
- Connect with other Community Health Workers. Interact with and get help from other online learners.
What do I need to learn online?
- A computer connected to the Internet.
- A current web browser. Versions of FireFox 3+, Opera 8+, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, and Google Chrome work well with the course.
- Capability to play sound, i.e., you should be able to listen to music or other audio on your computer.
- A piece of free software, Adobe Flash Player, to be able to hear the sound. Without Flash you'll still see text and pictures, but you won't be able to enjoy the audio.
- A piece of software, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, to be able to read PDF documents.
What courses can I register for?
- Advocacy Skills
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Depression and Anxiety: Helping others to cope
- Diabetes and Prediabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- Motivational Interviewing: Peer Support for Behavior Change
- Navigating Health Insurance
- Providing Social Support
- Substance Abuse
- Supporting Tobacco Cessation
- This course also available in Spanish: Asistencia Para dejar el tabaco
How do I register for courses?
- REGISTER NOW and fill out the form. A specialist will contact you within 4 business days.
- Not all courses are available immediately. Courses are offered at various times throughout the year, so please note the dates each course is offered. Dates can be found on the registration form.
- If a course is currently filled, or not yet available, you will be placed in the next time slot the course is offered.
- Because space is limited, failure to actively participate in the assigned course will result in removal
What do I do if I have questions?