Community Health Worker Online Training
What is the benefit of online learning?
- Flexible schedule. Learn at your own pace and complete courses on your own time.
- Connect with other Community Health Workers. Interact with and get help from other online learners.
What do I need to learn online?
- A computer connected to the Internet.
- A current web browser. Versions of FireFox 3+, Opera 8+, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, and Google Chrome work well with the course.
- Capability to play sound, i.e., you should be able to listen to music or other audio on your computer.
- A piece of free software, Adobe Flash Player, to be able to hear the sound. Without Flash you'll still see text and pictures, but you won't be able to enjoy the audio.
- A piece of software, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, to be able to read PDF documents.
What courses can I register for?
- Advocacy Skills
- Behavioral Health
- Breast Cancer Screening (This course also available in Spanish: Detección del cáncer de mama)
- Cervical Cancer and HPV (This course also available in Spanish: Cancer Cervical y VPH)
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- COVID-19: Care, Coordination and Communication
- Depression and Anxiety: Helping others to cope
- Diabetes and Prediabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- Motivational Interviewing: Peer Support for Behavior Change
- Navigating Health Insurance
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
- Providing Social Support
- Social Determinants of Health and Health Disparities
- Substance Use
- Supporting Tobacco Cessation (This course also available in Spanish: Asistencia Para dejar el tabaco)
- What is a CHW?
How do I register for courses?
- For information about the CHW Core Skills Certificate Program, please visit https://heal.health.utah.gov/chw-core-skills/
- REGISTER NOW and fill out the form. A specialist will enroll you within 4 business days. You will receive an email from the Talance online learning platform on how to login and set up your password.
- If a course is offered in both English and Spanish, please select only ONE of the options. If both are selected on your registration form, you will be placed in the English course by default.
- Because space is limited, failure to actively participate in the assigned course will result in removal. You will have 6 weeks to complete the course(s) you select.
CHW Grandparenting Application
This is for CHWs who have worked 5+ years in the field and may not need to take the CHW training.
What do I do if I have questions?